VACANCIES – 2 X JUNIOR YOUTH INSTRUCTORS
Chrysalis Academy is a smoke, drug and alcohol-free organisation. The Academy is seeking energetic and highly motivated individuals who shares the Academy’s values and displays exemplary youth role modelling by embodying the Academy’s holistic approach to youth development.
- A valid Matric certificate
- Must have completed the 3 month Youth Development training programme as a student at Chrysalis Academy
- Must have completed the Junior Instructor Training programme at Chrysalis Academy /completed a min of 2 courses as a Junior Instructor-in-Training at Chrysalis Academy
- Drivers/Learners Licence will be advantageous
Key Performance Areas:
- Supervise student movement & activities
- Assist Senior Youth Instructor with facilitating training & development activities & interventions (includes outdoor facilitation)
- Student mentoring & support
- Prepare classrooms & other venues for training & other student activity
- Assist with the maintenance & safekeeping of equipment & other assets of the Academy
Skills and competencies required:
- Highly confident and disciplined individual
- Ability to take and give instructions
- Willing to work flexible and long hours with enthusiasm
- Good interpersonal skills
- First Aid, Fire Fighting & outdoor facilitation experience is advantageous
- Physically fit
- Ability to teach students basic drill commands advantageous
- Verbal communication in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape
- Good Supervisory & facilitation skills.
To apply, kindly email your motivation letter, CV, copies of ID, learner’s / driver’s licence (if applicable) and matric certificate and/or qualifications to email@example.com.
Deadline: 15 FEBRUARY 2019 AT 11AM