SENIOR YOUTH INSTRUCTOR x 2
CONTRACT POSITION FOR ONE YEAR
Salary negotiable commensurate with experience and qualifications
Purpose: To supervise and mentor a team of Youth Instructors to implement the 3-month residential youth development programme.
Requirements: ● Post-matric Certificate or Qualification in Safety in Society, Child and Youth Care, Community and Sports Development is advantageous. ● Matric certificate ● A valid License ● Experience in working with youth ● Experience in working in a regimented environment would be advantageous.
Skills and competence: ● Highly confident and disciplined individual ● Facilitation Skills ● Ability to take and give instructions ● Ability to work flexible and long hours ● Good interpersonal skills ● First Aid, Fire Fighting & outdoor facilitation experience is advantageous ● Physically fit ● Ability to give & execute drill commands used at the Academy ● Ability to teach students basic drill commands ● Verbal communication in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape ● Supervisory skills.
Key performance areas: ● Supervise and mentor a team of junior youth instructors ● Supervise student movement & activities ● Facilitate training & development activities ● Student counselling & support ● Execute daily programme ● Mentoring & coaching of students ● Perform the function of duty officer as per the duty roster. ● Perform driving duties as required.
Please note: This is a residential position (i.e. the incumbent will be based at the Chrysalis Academy in Tokai) and be required to work shifts.
Please send a one (1) page motivation letter with your CV to email@example.com or hand deliver it to our offices at Porter Estate, Tokai Road, Tokai to reach us before close of business on 31 March 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The Chrysalis Academy is a non-profit organisation based in Tokai offering a three month residential youth development programme for youth of the Western Cape. The programme is holistic and strongly based on discipline, structure, order and routine. The following vacancy is currently available:
TRAINING ADMIN CLERK
1 year contract position – renewable subject to a performance evaluation
Salary commensurate with experience
The Chrysalis Academy seeks a dynamic and energetic individual to provide administrative and clerical services in the Training and Development Department.
- A Senior Certificate
- Post matric certificate in Administration, Training and Development, Human Resources, or similar field
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in working in an administrative capacity.
- Facilitation experience would be an advantage
- A valid Driver’s License would be an advantage.
Skills and Competence:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Good communication and writing skills
- Good presentation & facilitation skills
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Deadline driven
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide administrative support for all Training and Development functions (e.g. student database, registers, certificates, minute taking, etc)
- Systematic filing of all correspondence and relevant documentations
- Assist with the coordination of the student programme, projects and events
- Provide facilitation support to the student and staff development programme.
To apply, kindly hand deliver or email the following documentation to:
- Full curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of relevant qualifications
- Certified copy of Identity document
- Certified copy of Driver’s License (if applicable)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline: 12 April 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.